Learn How to Learn With Jim Kwick
Jim Kwik is a world expert in speed-reading, memory improvement, and optimal brain. His tag line is Read faster. Work smarter. Think better. He is also the CEO and Founder of Kwik Learning and a Podcast, Kwick Brain, that we’re currently obsessed with right now.
Jim suffered a serious head injury when he was a child which then inhibited his ability to learn and retain information during his schooling. It was his limitations that forced Jim to ask the question of himself ‘how do I learn?'” how do our brains remember and recall information”?
Jim spent a huge chunk of his early adulthood figuring out the answers to these questions and has since gone on to teach the world.
Jim’s cutting-edge techniques and innovative brainpower methods have made him a highly sought-out trainer for the worlds top organisations, like Google, Virgin, Nike, NYU, GE, Fox Studios, Harvard, and so many more.
One of Jim’s methods is literally eating (yay) certain foods that make us smarter and drive our brains to optimal health.
Called the MIND Diet, it’s is short for the Mediterranean-DASH Intervention for Neurodegenerative Delay. This was developed mixing two existing diets – the Mediterranean and the DASH – to help prevent and delay Dementia onset in older patients, and has been observed to reduce the risks by almost 35% even in those following moderately.
The best thing about MIND is that it’s a fairly simple diet to follow. There are 10 foods and food groups recommendation, and 5 foods to avoid. Staying within these limits gives you a chance to explore and at the same time eat healthy.
The 10 Foods to Enjoy for Optimal Brain Health Are:
- Help keep healthy blood flow
- Good source of monounsaturated fats
- Protects your brain from oxidative stress
- Reduces the effect of brain-ageing conditions
- Rats who ate blueberries had improved overall learning capacity and motor skills and were mentally younger
- A remarkable source of fibre
- Rich in vitamin K, which is known to enhance cognitive function and improve brainpower
- Coconut Oil.
- Medium chain fatty acid, which ignites your body’s fat-burning furnaces to help create ketones
- Full of memory-improving choline, Omega-3s, and vitamin E
- Green Leafy Vegetables.
- Spinach, kale, collard greens
- Good sources of vitamin E and folate
- Wild deepwater fish rich in Omega-3s and DHA
- Sardines are also good.
- Reduces inflammation and helps boost antioxidant levels
- Keeps your immune system healthy
- Improves brain’s oxygen intake to you alert and able to process information
- High levels of antioxidants and zinc
- Rich in vitamin E, which protects your neurons
- Wards off brain-ageing conditions
- Lots of magnesium, which improves your mood and thus your brain
- Dark Chocolate.
- Improves your focus, concentration, and mood
- Stimulates endorphins
- Generally, the darker the chocolate, the purer and better for your brain
- Your brain and body are about 75% water
- Several studies show that well-hydrated people score better on brainpower tests
- Recipe: Blend water, green leafy vegetables, blueberries, avocado, and coconut oil for an easy brain smoothie!
To Learn More About Jim Kwick’s Brain Training Methods
- Subscribe to his Podcast – Kwick Brain and get a taste for his methods, he is also quite funny and the episodes are short 20 min bursts.
- Explore his product offerings via his website, he offers online courses and a host of free blog articles